Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Second quarterly meeting – Winner of the first term PFAFF Block Lotto

As a fundraising initiative we have a Block Lotto every term organized by our local PFAFF dealer and after the first meeting we were instructed to make Sunbonnet Sue blocks.  Way back in 2005 I saw a beautiful Sunbonnet Sue quilt on the cover of a magazine and knew that someday I’d like to make myself one.  I think what kept me from doing it, was having to make the same pattern over and over, so when this competition was launched I entered 4 blocks rather convinced that I would win.  Ha-ha wishful thinking!!

There were 33 blocks entered – actually slightly more but some blocks were disqualified due to not adhering to the specifications – and when Marie, our local PFAFF dealer, drew the lucky winner it turned out to be a former friend of mine, Elsie van der Bijl.  I say former, because I don’t like her much after winning the prize that I wanted.  Here she receives her blocks from Marie.


Here are a couple of the blocks entered, packed out right under my nose.  How spiteful can one be?


Does she not look like a cat that discovered cream?

Okay, so I'll be trying my luck next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun short courses

A few of the OQG's members attended two short courses presented by Ina Meyer.    Fabric flowers Create depth with inktense pencils. Prou...