Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Festival committee meeting and visitors from afar

And there you were thinking that we weren’t doing anything about our planned National Quilt Festival in 2013.  How wrong you are!  Not with a leader such as Iessie Steenberg, not a moment’s rest for the tired.
The committee met again and apart from the budget everyone was on track with their portfolios and everyone seems to know exactly what they should do.
Speaking of budget………….. we need money and plenty of it, so if you’re out there, wanting to sponsor, heck yes, we’d appreciate it!

And to our guild members wondering if all our their hard work would be for nothing, I'd like to share an e-mail from Celia Gibson all the way from Melbourne, Australia who is already playing with the idea of attending our festival:

That's very possible that I might attend your festival as I tend go visit my brother once every two years in Johannesburg. He lives in Dainfern (near Sandton, on the way to Pretoria). I used to live in SA long time ago (24 years ago) for 15 years but now live in Melbourne, Australia for the past 23 years. I love visiting SA and still have some family there, I love shopping there, eat out and enjoy the african culture and beautiful surroundings.
 I have met Pat Parker (the quilter who does African designs, she lived in the same estate as my brother).
We quilters are everywhere and I love looking at the various styles people work in... No matter the age, the culture, the place we live in, quilting binds us all !!!
Here in Melbourne, Australia there are a lot of quilters and many quilt shows and quilt groups... we have fantastic designers and can get almost anything that the american quilters can. With the Australian dollar being so high at the moment, a lot of us are buying a lot of quilty stuff from the USA...
Hope we can keep in touch and send my regards to your group all the way from Australia....
ps - if things go as planned I should be adding to my blog (http://quiltingbycelia.blogspot.com) fotos of a quilt show I'm going on the weekend so you can see what kind of work we do here....

Cheers
Celia



Now isn't it nice to know we have readers/followers from so far away?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun short courses

A few of the OQG's members attended two short courses presented by Ina Meyer.    Fabric flowers Create depth with inktense pencils. Prou...