Friday, May 6, 2011

Get to know Alta du Plessis


Yeah! another interview with one of our members.  I just love these as I often get to see the people at guild meetings but hardly ever get to know anyone on a more personal level.  Alta is a member of the 'Rafels' group.

Q:   In short tell us a little about your family:
A:  I have a kind hearted husband who respects my love of handwork and motivates me constantly.  He more than often has to take care of his meal himself.  Our 3 children are all married but at this stage we only have dog grandkids.

Reinart, our eldest, and his wife, Tachka, lives in Johannesburg.

Anke, our daughter and her husband, Van Zyl Oosthuizen, is renovating their tiny Cape Dutch house in George.  Our holidays by them usually end up in a major patchwork credit card bill.

Jané and her husband, Johan Welman, just moved back to Bloemfontein.

We have 2 dogs, Juliette, a realy lady and Ben my big bodyguard.

Q:  Are you a morning or night person?
A:  None of the two I’m equally misreble both times.  Late afternoon, early evening in the garden with my dogs and a little handwork is the best time of day for me.

Q:  Which do you prefer – sweet or salty snacks?
A:  Both                                 

Q:  Do you collect anything and what?
A:  I find it hard to get rid of anything as I’m always thinking I might just need or use it in a project.  I like books, cans, blue bottels, pens, fabric, wool, buttons, beads, embroidery thread, ceramic tiles.  I am crazy about different textures even if it is only reddish grass, nice stones or seads.

Q:  If you could be any animal, what would you be?
A:  By now it must sound boring but one of the dogs in my house.

Q:  What is your favorite color?
A:  Red and purple and everything in between.

Q:  Do you believe in ghosts?
A: No

Q:  Do you have any other hobbies apart from quilting?
A:  Reading, writing, knitting, spin and music

Q:  Have you even been addicted to a computer/video game and which one?
A:  No I’d rather use that time to read or do handwork.

Q:  Name ONE bad habit you have and are aware of.
A:  I collect everything.

Q:  What do you regard as your best personality trait?
A:  I try my best to always be trustworthy

Q  Are you mostly a messy or clean person?
A:  Even though unorganized I would not describe myself as messy

Q:  If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
A:  The Dutch countryside

Q:  What is your favorite drink?
A:  Coffee / Beer

Q:  What is your favorite gift to receive?
A:  a Book, fabric or a pretty single flower

Q:  Which type of gift do you like the least?
A:  a Huge bouquet that dies in 3 days – What a waste!

Q:  If you could change your name, what would it be?
A:  I think I’ll keep my name as I do believe people who change their names go through some or other identity crises.

Q:  Name one thing not many people know about you
A:  I am crazy about poetry and collects old and new poetry books.

Thanks Alta for answering all my annoying questions, I do appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun short courses

A few of the OQG's members attended two short courses presented by Ina Meyer.    Fabric flowers Create depth with inktense pencils. Prou...