Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Goody Bag Fundraising Golf Day

On the 5th November 2011 we hosted a Golf Day in Dewetsdorp, to raise funds for our National Festival in 2013. We are responsible for the "Goody Bags".

Fortunately, we had a Coca Cola van in which we could serve the drinks for the golfers. As we were waiting for the first lot of golfers to arrive for their drinks, we had a golf ball hit the van.  They made sure we were awake and ready. It also protected us from the wind.

Angie and Candice, my daughters, were very eager to help their mom, so with them working and dad playing golf it turned out to be a very enjoyable family day. Dear friend Hettie was supposed to join but had soo many excuses that I was left to tend to both the men. André and Dodds helped so much but as you can see on the photo above when I asked them to take a photo with me they stood so far. I will let them have a well deserved rest, till next years golf day.

A great big THANKS to Dodds & André, without you guys this day would never have been such a success. I really picked the best two men to help me, they are very good at organizing and doing as I say. Another big THANKS goes to Mel Haddad from Dewetsdorp Golf Club for his part in making the day a success.

A special THANK YOU also goes to our sponsors: RAADZAAL CARPET HOUSE, LOKETSENG CONSTRUCTION, PRESTIGE ADHESIVE, S P E EQUIPMENT, HAROLDS ELECTRIC, KLOPPERS. BUILDERS TRADE, IMMIES TRUCK REPAIRS, DIESEL ELECTRIC, RINA VAN STRAATEN - BERLESELL, BIDDULPHS, ALF SMITH, IESSIE STEENBERG and HIGHWAY AUTO ELECTRIC without whom our day would not have taken place.


Ha and I got to add to this too.  A huge thanks to Karin for getting the men and her lovely daughters to organize, help and play on this day and to her for spending the whole day out on the golf course representing our guild.  Contrary to Karin's gossip about me having excuses, I had another area of the festival plans to attend to but then she's always been better with men than I have, so why not leave her alone with them?  (Hettie)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun short courses

A few of the OQG's members attended two short courses presented by Ina Meyer.    Fabric flowers Create depth with inktense pencils. Prou...