Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We talk to Frances van der Walt, absolute involved and very valuable all rounder in our guild

"now you know how short I am"

Frances has always been sewing and even made a quilt or 2 before taking a beginner’s lesson in 2007 when her daughter was in matric.  She enjoys being involved and soon took over leadership of the Friendship Group, manages our quarterly newsletters and even volunteered to handle registrations at our festival in 2013.   Way to go, girl!!

 She also has a couple of other projects going on the sideline and one that might interest quilters is that she is already selling fabric (still on a small scale) and looking into stocking and selling books and notions soon.  With so much going for her no wonder she claims to “love life”.

Q:   In short tell us a little about your family:
A:
I am married to Adriaan for 30 years. We have a son and a daughter. My son, the eldest is an IT Lecturer at Cut. My daughter is a fourth year art student at the local University of the Freestate. My husband retired recently from his job at Wesbank.  Myself, am a”stay at home mom” after the birth of my son. Now, with everything going with a slower pace, I can enjoy the things I like.
Q:  Are you a morning or night person?
A: Both
Q:  Which do you prefer – sweet or salty snacks?
A:
Both – chips and chocolate
Q:  Do you collect anything and what?
A:
Oh Yes! Bears, tins, books, quotes, lappies etc. I am a bit of a hoarder.
Q:  If you could be any animal, what would you be?
A:
Maybe a little white rabbit – like the ones of Beatrix Potter.
Q:  What is your favorite color?
A: 
All shades of green
Q:  Do you believe in ghosts?
A:
No
Q:  Do you have any other hobbies apart from quilting?
A:
I like reading, gardening, photography, the outdoors, travelling and playing tennis.
Q:  Have you even been addicted to a computer/video game and which one?
A:
Not really, but I like to “surf” on the internet
Q:  Name ONE bad habit you have and are aware of.
A:
To snack between meals.
Q:  What do you regard as your best personality trait?
A:
I am very loyal.
Q  Are you mostly a messy or clean person?
A:
 I like things to be in place/clean.
Q:  If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
A:
I love Europe.
Q:  What is your favorite drink?
A: 
Coke – summer, hot chocolate in winter.
Q:  What is your favorite gift to receive?
A:
Books.
Q:  Which type of gift do you like the least?
A:
Kitchen appliances.
Q:  If you could change your name, what would it be?
A:
Anni
Q:  Name one thing not many people know about you
A:
I do sometimes have very “blond” moments!

Thanks Blondie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

First General Meeting 2024-2

The first general meeting of 2024 was packed full of miscellaneous demo's as well as the Voices in Cloth  presentation and kept the audi...