Friday, February 24, 2012

What will a visitor or visiting teacher think about us?

I am a huge fan of Beth Ferrier and her patterns and follow her blog slavishly and as an international travelling teacher, she talks about the people or guilds she meets often.  After reading one of her testimonials I couldn't help wondering what a visitor would think about us.

Do we come about friendly and united or can undercurrents of hormonal power struggles be seen?  I've often wondered about people who are so adamant to be right or have the last say.  As Dr Phil would ask "what's in it for you""  Is it really that important to have it your way and have many dislike you?  I doubt it, I would much rather be wrong and liked.

Go read Beth's story over HERE and instead of thinking about someone else, who might have stepped on your toes, think of how YOU look when a decision has to be made.  Think about what YOU say to unite/offend the rest of the group.  Do you always want it your way or are you flexible and open to suggestions, realizing that someone else might have a more practical solution?

I always grin when I see anyone on Facebook posting some self-help quote because it has been proven that many of those are posted not with the person doing the post in mind but in the hope someone she dislikes, would read it!!

As the saying goes:  "YOU be the difference you want to see in the world."

And that my dear friends concludes this psychology session and I wish you all a wonderful weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun short courses

A few of the OQG's members attended two short courses presented by Ina Meyer.    Fabric flowers Create depth with inktense pencils. Prou...