Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Karin de Villiers introduces (and interviewed) herself

Hi, my name is Karin de Villiers.  I am a member of the Rafels Quilting Group and have been quilting since 2000.  My friend Pat got involved with quilting and introduced me. 

I love to buy fabric because it protects the empty spaces in my house.

Q:  In short tell us a little about your family:
A:  I have two daughters, Angie 26, Candice 24 & a husband (Andre) who can be classified as another child.

Q:  Are you a morning or night person?
A: Depends if early morning counts as night.

Q:  Which do you prefer - sweet or salty snacks?
A:  Sweet - it reflects my soul.

Q:  Do you collect anything and what?
A:  Quilting material but it's not much of a collection, more of a hoard.

 Q:  If you could be any animal, what would you be?
A: One of my own pets, whom are not seen as pets in my household.

 Q:  What is your favourite colour?
A:   Some like to call it orange but I like to call it the best colour in the world.

Q:  Do you believe in ghosts?
A:  Only the friendly ones.

 Q:  Do you have any other hobbies apart from quilting?
A: Reading, collecting spoons but quilting is a lifestyle not a hobby so not much time left for anything else.

 Q:  Have you even been addicted to a computer / video game and which one?
A: Farmville, CSI but it doesn't count as an addiction if everyone is doing it.

 Q:  Name ONE bad habit you have and are aware of:
A: Apparently smoking is a bad habit but not to me.

 Q:  What do you regard as your best personality trait?
A:  My ability to put a smile on your face.

 Q:  Are you mostly a messy or clean person?
A:  It's not messy if I know where everything is.

 Q:  If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
A:  Anywhere my family is.

 Q:  What is your favourite drink?
A:  At the moment anything goes, I like pink drinks.

 Q:  What is your favourite gift to receive?
A: You, but chocolates will do.

 Q:  Which type of gift do you like the least?
A: Cheap ones.

 Q:  If you could change your name, what would it be?
A:  Esmeralda.

 Q:  Name one thing not many people know about you:
A: I have a tattoo on my foot & I like taking shortcuts down stairs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun short courses

A few of the OQG's members attended two short courses presented by Ina Meyer.    Fabric flowers Create depth with inktense pencils. Prou...