Saturday, March 12, 2011

National Quilt Day – Part One

The day we looked forward to finally arrived and what a pleasant sight it was when I arrived (I was not late okay) to see a sea of cars in front of the Freshford House Museum.

Upon entering we were welcomed by hostesses on the stoep of this lovely old historical house/museum who informed us where to go and what would happen when.

An even bigger surprise awaited me when I went around the house through the lovely gardens and found a crowd of ladies sitting in the shade sipping their tea and just talking quilts.

Everyone who bought a ticket ( ja……. I told you to buy one so toughies if you missed out) received this little goodie pack containing a sweet and salty snack – sorry ate mine, couldn’t wait for the photo session  - and a little quilt pattern.

Now I’m off to watch a little cricket, Tendulkar is killing us and I can feel South Africa needs my support, so more about our National Quilt Day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun short courses

A few of the OQG's members attended two short courses presented by Ina Meyer.    Fabric flowers Create depth with inktense pencils. Prou...